Search the forum,

Discuss General gas ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

I have replaced my own stopcock and a radiator, next to the feed and return is a 22mm copper pipe, this is not the mains into the house.

I am presuming it is a gas feed to the boiler, the pipe is not marked up as gas anywhere that I can see and is not insulated.

My question is two fold:

1. should it be marked (presuming yes, the ones I've seen are marked gas in yellow tape)

2. should it be insulated?

and how can I be sure its gas without cutting it (joke)

I am not gas qualified...

thanks

1.No it doesn't need to be marked
2.No it doesn't need insulating
Tip and you'll thank me for this one day if you have 3 pipes running behind a unit for example,you know 1 is hot & cold and the other is gas,get your blowlamp on each one for lets say 10 seconds.The 2 water pipes will cool very quickly,due to fluids in the pipe dissipating heat,the 1 that stays hot for longest is the gas pipe,try it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General gas ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock