Search the forum,

Discuss General advice on oil-fired boiler brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
This is my first post, having just joined the forum, so I hope I'm not breaching any etiquette with a request for general advice.
We live permanently in France and are just about to invest in a completely new oil-fired system, for central heating and hot water, in our new house, which is in the middle of nowhere.
When we lived in the UK (until 5 years ago), we had a Viessmann boiler, which we found perfect, but it was gas-fired and gas is not an option where we are moving to. We were on the point of going for a Viessmann Vitoladens 333 condensing boiler, but then found several French forums - rather like this one - where there seemed to be a disproportionately large amount of complaints about this Viessmann boiler range in particular (electrical faults were a common compaint) and Viessmann in general - especially their after-sales service.
It would be helpful, to begin to get our thoughts in order, to know if anyone has any comments - good or bad - about Viessmann's oil-f-red boilers, especially the 333 range.
The other brand we're considering is Frisquet and, I suspect, not present in the UK (although, if it is and anyone has any thoughts, it would be great to hear them!)
Many thanks for any reactions to this.

Paul

You would be probably better off looking on the french forums, or asking around locally.
I would recommend a Worcester oil boiler, but pointless if you cant get parts or someone to fit and service it.

Very sound advice, thompsonbrown, and I'm certainly doing that. That said, there aren't many forums which are as wide-ranging and rooted in proper expertise as this one is and I'd still be very interested in members' experiences and opinions. Thanks very much for replying, though.

My cousins oftec approved and uses Worcester all the time. Firebird for bigger installs.
Espérons que vous aide avec votre choix de la chaudière

That's very useful to know, Silent Dancer. The Bosch brand is very common here. And thanks to everyone else who has so far offered thoughts or advice - keep it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General advice on oil-fired boiler brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
I'm new to oil fired boilers. The first time I topped up my oil tank, I had the supplier organise the additive. From now on, I will buy my own additives. Is there any particular type the oil engineers on the forum would recommend? Heating only, no aga ect.
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock