Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit v grohe concealed wall-hung frame? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuco

Hi,
I am currently updating the bathroom and replacing the close coupled wc with a wall hung one. Have been looking at the Geberit and Grohe frames for mounting it but can't decide which is the best. They seem to be pretty similar but differ quite a bit in price.

The floor is concrete and the outside wall that it is going on is thermalite block, cavity and then brick. I also want to continue the line of the boxed-in panel at the end of the bath on the same wall across the front of the frame but this will make a deeper recess than the depth of the frame. Will this matter?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Geberit UKDuofix frames

[DLMURL="http://www.grohe.co.uk/m/25_951/page/modules/pn/article.php?part=view&action=view&product=38761D024&offset=0&amount=15"]GROHE - Installation Systems - WC - Browse by application - Bathroom products[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
i would go with grohe not impressed with gerberit products

Grohe's is an excellent product.

Gerberit's is OK never had a problem with them, have used their narrow unit, tall unit and corner unit and all fitted at worked as they should.

Thanks, went with the Grohe one. Used rawl bolts on the rear fixing rather than the bolts supplied and it looks pretty solid. The work continues...

Be carefull using rawlbolts into thermalite, when they expand they can just crush the block and not hold too well. Dont overtighten them.

Thanks for the tip. Thinking 'just in case' here, what would you reccommend? Have attached 2 extra fittings as well as the 2 provided so hoping its not going anywhere...

The last time i did one of those I fixed a large piece of 18mm ply to the wall with loads of gripfill and plugged and screwed (lots), then another thickness of ply glued and screwed, then screwed the brackets to that. OTT maybe but once fixings start to loosen in thermolite its game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit v grohe concealed wall-hung frame? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock