Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit Concealed Cistern, Flush very very stiff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, first post...

I have just had installed a UP320 cistern with geberit dual flush plate. When you go to push either button it does not move, like it is very stiff, if you push hard enough it (and you feel like you are going to break it) will suddenly ‘click’ and then work fine.

My plumber was unsure what the problem was not having done one before, any guidance welcomed?

Has he installed the button panel the right way up. Long shot but it can affect as some of the buttons are hinged

Looks correct, any other ideas?

1543660766638491047602126498075.jpg

Just reporting back for anyone who has the same issue. The rods had turned slightly during installation so the collars on the plate were stopping them going in.

Solution we decided on was to put a dab of silicon on the rod where it touches the thread, easy to undo if needed but stops it turning.

Now they work perfectly. Thanks for suggestions.

I'm glad you got it sorted but something isn't right.
I've fitted loads of these and they don't need a dab of silicon. Fitted correctly they work perfectly, I'm guessing you've not quite got it together right.

I'm glad you got it sorted but something isn't right.
I've fitted loads of these and they don't need a dab of silicon. Fitted correctly they work perfectly, I'm guessing you've not quite got it together right.

Hmmm, so as I see it, the rod is cut to length, then pushes in, and then when it hits the collar at the front of the plate you spin it 90 degrees and it catches the thread at the back, but my guess is after a few uses it must have fallen out of the thread and so the collar was hitting the collar again. The silicon is acting like a light thread lock i suppose.

Reply to Geberit Concealed Cistern, Flush very very stiff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock