Search the forum,

Discuss Gas volume calculation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I-kal

Gas Engineer
hey Guys I wonder if someone could help me out.

I wanted to find out if I could work on this domestic installation. It’s a house with 2 boilers 24 kw each so 48 in total, the gas meter is a g10 which I believe can be used as domestic and commercial. The gas pipe is run in majority 28 mm at 12 meters and 2 metres in 22mm. What would be the volume of gas in as I am aware as a domestic engineer I can work on 70kw and less with upto 35mm pipe and a gas volume of 0.035m3 and less. Appreciate the help thanks

First things first are you gas safe?? I’m assuming yes. Daft as it is because it’s pretty specific but we do not discuss has topics in open forum. Send a copy of the front and back of your card to @Riley @Harvest Fields or @ShaunCorbs and get your posts up to ten or more and we’ll get you access to the gas safe only section.

Hi yes I am, when signing up I had to give my gas safe number but I will send over a pic to the above.

This is the thing it’s over by quiet a bit so I must be doing soemthing wrong. I have been going over books etc to see if my working are correct so I thought someone on here could guide me.

fill this out

28 mm at 12 meters _________ x 12 =
2 metres in 22mm __________x 2 =

total = ______

+ 10%

total iv _______

g10 meter _____

Ivt _____

its close

Are you adding pipework to the system, in which case it may be under to start but over after the addition?
Or just working on the boilers?

so have i

28 mm at 12 meters 0.00054 x 12 = 0.00648
2 metres in 22mm 0.00032 x 2 = 0.00064

total = 0.00712

+ 10%

total iv 0.007832

g10 meter 0.025

Ivt 0.032832

Judging by that it’s very close, will need to make sure measurements of gas pipework is spot on in this case.

Reply to Gas volume calculation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock