Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Tickets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXCross

Gas Engineer
Hi folks,
What tickets y'all have? from reading the forums it seems a great few of you are domestic qualified? (must never assume!) Just curious as to what you all have? i.e just core.boilers and fga or do you have the others i.e cookers and fires etc etc?
I'm both domestic and commercial qualified so just curious to others tickets i suppose?

Also a feeble attempt at getting my posts up! :wink_smile::tounge_smile:

regards,

DXCross

Hi dx. I have core, boilers water heaters, cookers and fires. Just doing domestic heating installs I don't really need or want anything else.
What's your list then?!

Comb analysis
Cooker
Fire
Gas boiler
Pipework
Range cooker
Water heater

Oh no, not another "I'm a commercial you know"
You'll be the Cropsters best friend in no time

dom

Gas Boiler
Combustion Analysis
Pipework
Flue Liners
Meters
Vented Cyl
Water Heater

and com

COCN1
ICPN1
ICAE/CORT1
ICAE/CDGA1
ICAE1/CIGA1
TPCP1
TPCP1A
ICAE/BMP1

Thanks for the replies! i guess its a kinda niche and obviously applies to what you do day to day or whatever?
ill list mine haha, bare with!

Domestic :
Combustion analysis
cookers
fires
range cookers
meters
pipework (core i believe?)
boilers
anddd water heaters

Commerical:
overhead plaque
direct fired air heating
indirect fired air heating
first fix commercial pipework
non domestic test+purge up to 1m3
And indirect fired heating appliances

It's not until you list em and think i did that many exams?! although all relevant!
I do often ponder whether its better to just stick to a certain area and specialize in that though? better to know alot about something then nothing about alot?

ihav
enot
gota
feck
ing
clue
min
eare
duei
nmay
robi
nbas
tard
s££
andw
hath
esai
dbe
llow

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys recommend doing commercial then as I'm only qualified for domestic, have considered doing commercial aswel but from what I've briefly been told it's a lot more in depth.

Would you guys recommend doing commercial then as I'm only qualified for domestic, have considered doing commercial aswel but from what I've briefly been told it's a lot more in depth.

if you do a bit of commercial plumbing work then yes i could help/bigger jobs

Not done any commercial plumbing no, that's why I've not bothered doing commercial as it would all be completely new to me and every thing on a much larger scale. Have been told would earn a lot more money tho

Can't be arsed to list them. Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_2016-02-16-23-14-13.jpg

Bloody hell mate, Would have been easier listing what you haven't got (if any). Some serious hours you put in there, good man.

Bloody hell mate, Would have been easier listing what you haven't got (if any). Some serious hours you put in there, good man.

he had the time while he was in :D

The fusion one only took 25 minutes start to finish.

Do me a weld.
There you go.
Know your test times and pressures?
Yeah.
Sign here, off you go......

Independent comercial boys are and can be worthy of their weight

Not quite as much as cropps but domestic and commercial didn't bother with meters even though I did the meter van at British Gas commercial for 11 years. Might do next time although it will be my last time as will be 60 then, might just get a job doing meter installs.

Might do next time although it will be my last time as will be 60 then, might just get a job doing meter installs.

Thought I'd done my last renewal at 62.
Now I'm not too sure, it runs out in 2 years and I'm not sure I want to give up yet.

Pipework DOM NG (CORE)
Cookers DOM NG
Range Cookers DOM NG
Pipework PD DOM LPG
Cookers DOM LPG
Fires/Space Heaters DOM LPG
Water Heaters DOM LPG
Central Heating DOM LPG
Warm Air DOM LPG
Fires/Space Heaters DOM NG
CARAVANS - Closed Flue Gas Fires DOM LPG (HTRLP2)
Space Heaters DOM LPG Caravans
Refridgerators DOM LPG Caravans
Range Cookers DOM LPG
Warm Air DOM LPG Boats
Water Heaters DOM NG
CARAVANS Pipework LAV LPG (CORE)
Pipework RPH Caravans LPG (CORE)
Pipework Boats LPG (CORE)
CARAVANS Water Heaters DOM LPG (WATLP2)
Central Heating DOM NG
Warm Air DOM NG
NON DOM Testing & Purging upto 1m³ (TPCP1A)
Overhead Plaque & Tube Heaters NG
Overhead Plaque & Tube Heaters LPG
Indirect Fired Heating Appliances NG
Indirect Fired Heating Appliances LPG
Direct Fired Appliances NG
Direct Fired Appliances LPG
First Fix Commercial Pipework NG
First Fix Commercial Pipework LPG
Combustion Performance Analysis NG
Combustion Performance Analysis NG
Combustion Performance Analysis LPG
Indirect Fired Heating Appliances NG
Indirect Fired Heating Appliances LPG
Vented Cylinders
Flue Liners

Cant change a stoptap tho as no WRAS :nono:

Not sure about the shirt - even an Irish man wouldnt wear that...

Company pays and in all honesty a few I didn't/don't want. Jobs come up that needed the tickets and were large enough to warrant the training. (Kitchen refurb - 3 canopies heated/cooled by reznor gas fired ahu's, new gas p/w and interlocks) Work for my old man and there's a few of us but I suppose he see's me as a 'safe investment' so I get all the 'out of the ordinary days work' tickets.... I tell him, You can't be an 'expert' at everything, its daft. Hopefully wont be resitting them all.
Do oil too...

Do all commercial properties have to have a gas cert done every year

Not in the same sense as a llgc but a record of servicing and testing must be maintained.

And not just for insurance purposes either. The local golf club can't get its entertainment license renewed due to the boiler and gas certs being 3 months out of date. I'm due to do it Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Tickets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock