Search the forum,

Discuss Gas supply pipe to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - is the gas supply pipe between the gas meter and boiler covered by British Gas Homecare 2 ? I am sure I saw a useful diagram at one time that showed what pipe work was covered as part of HC cover levels ( and confirmed feed from meter to boiler was covered in HC 2) but can’t find it now

I suggest that you return the favour and report them to Trading Standards for fraudulent invoicing. (Self-serving incompetence is a form of fraud even if they deny intent.)

Social media is normally a good place to start, a couple of tweets or posts on their facebook and you'll often get something for your inconvenience.

Social media is normally a good place to start, a couple of tweets or posts on their facebook and you'll often get something for your inconvenience.

It is not a fraud if there was no intention. Mistakes happen, FFS.

Have you actually known someone to get compensation after slagging a firm unnecessarily on Facebook? You are more likely to get some satisfaction if you send a properly considered and composed letter to a manager or head office.

Have you actually known someone to get compensation after slagging a firm unnecessarily on Facebook? You are more likely to get some satisfaction if you send a properly considered and composed letter to a manager or head office.

Went to Lego Land about 6 weeks ago, queueing for a ride and looked down to find my son playing with a bare armoured cable (as in exposed conductors). Spoke to the attended didn’t do anything, spoke to the information desk on leaving and got no response, emailed including photos and had no response, 7 days later sent them a tweet with photo. Following day, free passes to park and a hotel room worth £200-300. Wasn’t really looking for compensation but fairly naffed off to find my son exposed to what could well have been a live cable.

I never suggested it was fraud although it could well be considered fraud if you could show a pattern of behaviour. I tend to base things on how you would feel if you found they had done it to an elderly or vulnerable relative.

Companies have a responsible to be good corporate citizens, same as any insurance they view it as their job to avoid paying out for anything they possibly can because like any business they are in it to make money.

Read your home care plan as they have to send you documentation as to what your covered with as many different plans n costs

Read your home care plan as they have to send you documentation as to what your covered with as many different plans n costs
And it is an insurance contract regulated by the FSA(?). They would take breaches seriously.
Went to Lego Land about 6 weeks ago, queueing for a ride and looked down to find my son playing with a bare armoured cable (as in exposed conductors). Spoke to the attended didn’t do anything, spoke to the information desk on leaving and got no response, emailed including photos and had no response, 7 days later sent them a tweet with photo. Following day, free passes to park and a hotel room worth £200-300. Wasn’t really looking for compensation but fairly naffed off to find my son exposed to what could well have been a live cable.

I never suggested it was fraud although it could well be considered fraud if you could show a pattern of behaviour. I tend to base things on how you would feel if you found they had done it to an elderly or vulnerable relative.

Companies have a responsible to be good corporate citizens, same as any insurance they view it as their job to avoid paying out for anything they possibly can because like any business they are in it to make money.

You clearly stated that it is a form of fraud.

I have to say that I am a little suspicious of your Lego Story. First, if my nipper was playing with live wires, I would habe done more tan spoke to a 16 yo youth attendant. Then mention it on the way out.

I actually am in the dark over Twitter, but would be surprised if a multi national firm ignored multiplication warnings over a dangerous situation, then rolled over because of a tweet.

Would you care to share the evidence?

Last edited:
And it is an insurance contract regulated by the FSA(?). They would take breaches seriously.

You clearly stated that it is a form of fraud.

I have to say that I am a little suspicious of your Lego Story. First, if my nipper was playing with live wires, I would habe done more tan spoke to a 16 yo youth attendant. Then mention it on the way out.

I actually am in the dark over Twitter, but would be surprised if a multi national firm ignored multiplication warnings over a dangerous situation, then rolled over because of a tweet.

Would you care to share the evidence?

6DF55A72-58A4-4D4C-AFEF-A8B2165ED958.jpeg

If you read the thread it was actually Chuck who stated it was fraud as per the attached image.

I’ve inboxed you the Tweet and a copy of the complimentary ticket. Obviously with personal details redacted. Can’t see why you’d think I’d lie about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas supply pipe to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock