Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Shutoff Valve Okay or not okay in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hiya, I had someone tell me that the valve in the house was not okay, can someone give me a view ? thanks

1 (1).JPG2.JPG

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    501.5 KB · Views: 17
It is difficult to work it out off the photo's to my eyes.
Will it shut off or is there a restriction either side? You need to be able to turn it off in an emergency.
Did the person tell you why it wasn't OK?

What is the electrical looking component sat down behind the meter?

They are correct can’t easily get at it also doesn’t look like it will close / shut fully

Had the entire BG team once in here never said anything, neither did Vaillant and Scot Power.
Yes it closes readily to the fully off position which can be easily and clearly felt. It's true you have to put your arm in there but in practice it takes 3 seconds and the off / on is easy to recognize and smooth.

You can do it easily with practice but can somebody else in an emergency? Not ideal but you could get a chippy or DIY a little access hatch or door in the wall of that cupboard.

Reply to Gas Shutoff Valve Okay or not okay in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock