Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe works?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I have asked this previously but still unclear. I am doing my acs in the new year and I will be eligible for Gas Safe registration all being well. I'm confused about how I m able to do gas works I. E. Boiler installs and services, and sign them off and register the products. I work for a small firm and don't fancy asking to put work through the company. Do I need to be self employed or is there a way round this?

If you want to work on gas out side of your full time employment then you need to register with Gas Safe and get your own number set up, I think its £360 or £460 but can't remember exactly.

Ok. So does that mean the work I carry out at work would have to go on my personal number or the companies?

If you do work in the companies time it goes on theirs if in your time yours, if I did some subcontracting gas work the firm I subbed from still notifies the gas work but ticks the box for "carried out by a sub contractor"

Reason I ask is because I hear a lot of gas men say about doing foreigners but there unable to register a boiler. Which means the customer doesn't get the warranty. I just can't work out why???

Money!? Gas Safe want their share of the pennies that's all.

Is the company you work for Gasafe Reg?
If so, work you do whilst employed by them goes under their registration.

Any work you find for yourself and do in your own name has to go through your own personal Gasafe registration.

Ok. So does that mean the work I carry out at work would have to go on my personal number or the companies?

sorry. Reread that. If you're doing work for the company you use their registration. But to do your own private work you need your own.

Although you will be eligible to join gas safe in your own right you don't need to as the company you work for (assuming they are registered) will add you to their registration.
If you want to do jobs on the side you need your own registration to attract the tax man.
Most companies don't allow employees to hold their own registration so best if you ask.

The company is gas safe. I still can't fathom why a custom would part with over a £1000 for a boiler that can't be registered.

It would have cost a lot more than £1k if done legit.
The customer probably didn't / doesn't know it isn't being signed off. Take a look at the similar thread that has been posted

Also the ones who pay for a new boiler, then never get it serviced. You only get a call when it goes breasts up (just realised not in the arms), thats when a repair gets expensive.

Ch4 gas safe get £2.50 per notification and need to produce and send a cert then notify BC, there can't be much left after that's done,

Ch4 gas safe get £2.50 per notification and need to produce and send a cert then notify BC, there can't be much left after that's done,

No that's true mate, when I say they want your money what I'm getting at is they want your initial reg fee and your yearly subs!!
It's all extra in the kitty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe works?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock