Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe registration. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I was wondering if it’s possible to register a business with gas safe if you don’t have any engineers and the owner of the business isn’t qualified?

I believe a new company around my way have done that. Looks like they’re advertising for engineers and seem to be heavily advertising for boiler swaps. So prob started booking in work on the pretence they’re take an engineer on or sub it to another business.

I was wondering if it’s possible to register a business with gas safe if you don’t have any engineers and the owner of the business isn’t qualified?
No.

"Registration is only given on the basis of the business having at least one gas safety qualified engineer."

You can look the business up on the Gas Safe register website and there's a button that will give you a list of engineers, their qualifications and mughshots. (For some reason the forum software won't let me put a link to the gsreg site.)

If you still suspect the business isn't compliant you can raise the matter with Gas Safe.

Perhaps yes, I’m not 100% as I’ve only ever been employed, however the company I work for is social housing and they have their own business registration, and engineers work under that business registration by being registered with that company. I don’t know if the applicant must be qualified, and or registered. Have you looked on gas safe website, help and advice tab, faq’s? I did post a link, but might be a blockage on forum as it’s linked to gas safe?

Attachments

• 3BD2B271-D6A7-48CE-A323-ED9AAD534E3C.png
    3BD2B271-D6A7-48CE-A323-ED9AAD534E3C.png
    590.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst Corgi / Gassafe registered I was employed by 5 different companies (only 1 at a time) usually with 20 or 30 Gas registered engineers.
No-one above Supervisor level was qualified / registered and engineers came and went as contracts moved around, so the registration could not have been tied to any one single engineer.

There was always a nominated contact person in the office for Corgi / Gassafe and they dealt with registrations / card renewals etc and received and distributed T.B's etc.

Presumably if all the engineers left at the same time, especialy if there's only 1 or 2, then it's possible to be in the position as in the O.P, where a company with Gassafe registration does not actually have any qualified engineers employed.

Obviously it doesn't make sense for them to continue to pay the company renewal to Gassafe unless they intend to actually have some registered engineers in the near future.

Reply to Gas safe registration. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock