Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all

Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe?

I passed my acsin June and just want to make sure I'm not running out of time to register

Thanks in advance

Within a month is fine wouldn’t leave it much longer but you should be fine either way

Evening all

Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe?

I passed my acsin June and just want to make sure I'm not running out of time to register

Thanks in advance

Don’t know, I’m sure I passed my gas and then wasn’t corgi (at the time) registered for approx 2 years? I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone leaving it that amount of time. Only way to be certain how long you have is ask Gas safe yourself.

Last time I spoke to the local inspector he said he was going to inspect someone who did his Acs 3/4 years ago only applied for his registration.

Best option is to ring Gas safe or ask the local Acs centre.

Not sure maybe call gas safe for definite answer. What is the delay with getting registered? Most people like to do it asap and start earning.
When you do register you will be on a probationary period and have a inspection within 3 months so if you do it soon everything will be fresh in your mind

If I were you I would set myself up. It will cost a few grand, between registration, FGA, hand tools, van or estate car, PL insurance (that's available on monthly payment), hire any tools you can't afford, like sds or core guns, powerflush machines etc and get on with it. Make it happen. Why else did you invest in qualifications?

Reply to Gas safe registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
I
Can someone in the know kindly clarify, please? I have tried to get Gas Safe on the phone, but no good! I have had conflicting advice. I am in the position of being able to start a small business employing two nephews - both of whom are Gas Safe registered. But do I have to ensure the business...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock