Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe Registration After Being Suspended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've had to report a father and son business to gas safe due to a shoddy gas boiler installation job.

They have been issued with a deadline by gas safe to rectify defects identified in the inspectors report. The business have shown a clear disregard of the notice severed to them by refusing to rectify the defects. When the notice was served, both engineers were listed on the gas safe register. A week after the notice was served, when I checked the gas safe register for this business, only one engineer appears to be listed - the son!

Is it that easy for engineers to register, unregister with gas safe once they have been reported to gas safe and a notice having been served?

In the above instance it seems like the father want's the son to take the fall i.e. get suspended so that he himself can re-register without any complaints logged against him.

Both engineers are responsible for the defects outlined in the inspectors reports, in which case if the worst was to come only one would be suspended whilst the other would remain blemish free to re-register under a different registration number?

This would be counter productive as it would undermine the entire purpose of gas safe registration.

Can I pursue him with gas safe if he registers with a new registration number if the defects remain outstanding?

Last edited:
Gas Safe are probably the only ones who can answer that.

When you say that the company have made no attempt to rectify the faults, have they refused? Or just haven't done it yet?

I'm sure all the Gas Safe guys on here would be very interested to know the answer and well done for going down the correct channel

I would be mortified if I did something reportable and rectify instantly, why would you refuse???? Why do I get a feeling this is more than just a misinterpretation of the regs

I'm sure there is missing detail about this as well, but,

Hi,
Is it that easy for engineers to register, unregister with gas safe once they have been reported to gas safe and a notice having been served?

I doubt it very much, but it's irrelevant, see below.

In the above instance it seems like the father want's the son to take the fall i.e. get suspended so that he himself can re-register without any complaints logged against him.

Both engineers are responsible for the defects outlined in the inspectors reports, in which case if the worst was to come only one would be suspended whilst the other would remain blemish free to re-register under a different registration number?

This would be counter productive as it would undermine the entire purpose of gas safe registration.

It doesn't matter whether either have manged to De-register.
If the incident took place whilst they were G.S.R, then Gassafe will continue to investigate.

The issue will stay logged against a name, so would be looked at if an application for a new registration from that individual was made.

Can I pursue him with gas safe if he registers with a new registration number if the defects remain outstanding?

You won't need to , see above.

What the all seeing all knowing high priest Gas safe reg; does in deadly serious situations like this always seems to be far too lenient for me,these two blatent,so called Gas safe legalised criminals should be barred for life from ever going anywhere near any gas supplies,and that means even if they fart they are in serious troble with the law!, also barred from even buying a roll of P.T.F.E. tape ever again ,they should also undergo a court order at the old bailey& be exiled to an unhabitated island somewhere in the Pacific to fend for themselves for the rest of their miserable lives.

What the all seeing all knowing high priest Gas safe reg; does in deadly serious situations like this always seems to be far too lenient for me,these two blatent,so called Gas safe legalised criminals should be barred for life from ever going anywhere near any gas supplies,and that means even if they fart they are in serious troble with the law!, also barred from even buying a roll of P.T.F.E. tape ever again ,they should also undergo a court order at the old bailey& be exiled to an unhabitated island somewhere in the Pacific to fend for themselves for the rest of their miserable lives.

I was thinking you were on drugs but then I found myself agreeing with you.....

Maybe mate. This was our spamming friend from earlier. Not getting anymore coherent :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Registration After Being Suspended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock