Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe qualified - Level 2 plumbing studies - looking for work - based in SE London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumbgaspaul

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I have recently passed the ACS Gas Qualifications, joined the Gas Safe register and have passed the initial probation meeting with the local gas inspector. Prior to this I successfully completed the City and Guilds Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I am now looking for an opportunity to work as a Gas Safe Engineer / Plumber, to gain the experience required to work confidently and competently.

For the past couple of months I have been gaining some (unpaid) experience with a friends company that is based in Chessington, and whilst this could lead to a permanent role I would prefer something more local to Forest Hill where I live. Other experience has included the gas training and portfolio required. In addition to this I have also changed the complete central heating system on a property that I refurbished as well as some other general plumbing maintenance jobs.

I come from a sales background so I am good dealing with customers and have high working standards.

I am looking for any experience I can get at the moment so if you have any jobs on that you need help with please drop me a line or I am comfortable doing jobs on my own (helpful to have someone to call though!)

Regards
Paul

Re: Gas Safe qualified - Level 2 plumbing studies - looking for work - based in SE Lo

Hi, what happened with your meeting with the gas inspector? How long was it? Were you out at work? What did you talk about?

Re: Gas Safe qualified - Level 2 plumbing studies - looking for work - based in SE Lo

Hi, what happened with your meeting with the gas inspector? How long was it? Were you out at work? What did you talk about?

What do you think they spoke about girls ?

What do you think they spoke about girls ?

bikes and tea with mine

He came to my house to do the checks as I have not been out working on gas yet. We ran through tightness tests etc. My boiler packed up the night before he came so I could not do the relevant tests on this, we did some calculations for the hob - he just asked a number of questions - I looked in the book for a couple of answers - I was quite stressed before but it took about half hour and there was no need to stress about it. They are there to ensure you are working safely and not to catch you out.

Forgive me mate how have you not had to do any gas work experience as part of your course??

Forgive me mate how have you not had to do any gas work experience as part of your course??

Funny I was thinking that , level 2 used to be just plumbing , level 3 brought the gas in and a bit more plumbing , looks like its changed .

The Portfolio for the gas did include installs, gas certs and services - this was signed of by another engineer. I have not done any work since signing on the register that I have signed of myself - so had nothing to show him that I had worked on, hence why he came to my house.

You can do the gas with a weeks pipe skill course. I did the level 2 plumbing and then the gas course. Level 3 does include the gas.

Last edited:

I did a level 2 plumbing for 2 years
then 2 years on a gas specific course.

Are you currently still working in sales or waiting for plumbing/gas work to come in?
What about advertising??
I would have thought the contact that gave you the portfolio experience would be able to supply some work?

I got the portfolio done with the company that I did the plumbing and gas courses with - I had to pay extra for this naturally. Fella basically installs the boilers with no labour costs - but earns from having a few people out with him each day.

Not working in sales anymore - focusing on gas / plumbing. I would be happy to go out and work on my own - be useful to work with a few people that I could call in case I am unsure of anything. Like to do things properly and this is why I don't just want to dive in and perhaps find I am out of my depth - perhaps I am being over cautious. Will need to take the plunge if I can't get on board with a firm soon as the training etc all adds up and not been earning for a while now.

hi Paul, where are you based? I was thinking of maybe teaming up with someone.

Near Crystal Palace, how about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe qualified - Level 2 plumbing studies - looking for work - based in SE London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock