Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe portfolio help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me out that has recently completed or is currently completing their gas safe portfolio.

I’m on my 3rd year of apprenticeship and have started my gas in the October just gone, I work on new build homes so I find it difficult to gather photos as I’m constantly having to ask people that are on price work to take photos with me doing tasks.

On my level 2 NVQ I was given a list from my tutor that stated what jobs/tasks I needed to get evidence of to provide for my portfolio, however I have a new tutor for my gas and he doesn’t provide any sort of guidance just ‘take photos of everything’.

So I’m just wondering if anyone has any other sort of info they could give me on the portfolio? Like how many tasks and if there’s specific jobs etc.

Any info/comments is appreciated,
Thanks,
Jack.

The requirements vary from training body (Logic, BPEC etc).

Best you confirm that with the college.

have you been given a physical portfolio folder, as many tell you at the start.

I believe BPEC ask for 3 installs, 3 landlord safety inspections and 6 services (need to include, Room sealed, open and balanced flued).

Remember to take photos of the following;

• TT - ECV opens and closed
  • Removing case
  • Checking seals
  • Checking flue
  • Burner pressure
  • Gas rate
  • Analyser (purging outside, flue integrity (make sure cover is on when testing RS).
  • Applying LDF
  • PPE (boots, eyewear if using grinder etc)
Hope this helps

Last edited:
You only need to open one thread on this subject mate. I have deleted the other one for you.

It seems this changes from college to college going by what I’ve heard from others.
With me as CENWAT was part of my assessments I had to provide 35 portfolio entries with photo evidence of me working on boilers.
I also needed one with CPA as that was part of it.
Water heaters was part of it although I didn’t have to provide any evidence of that.
Other boys in my class who weren’t qualified plumbers had to provide 80 portfolio entries.

Reply to Gas safe portfolio help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock