Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe on site record advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lukegas1991

Hi, i have just completed my gas training and am starting the on site record portfolio now, im a little bit baffled about the format to fill it all in and dont wanna mess it up iny training book, if anybody has some advice on what information about each job they like to see it would be a great help, thanks

Hello Luke,

Welcome to the forum.

I have done mine too and I've been stuck with the portfolio as I cannot get someone to help me to finish the on site portfolio.

However, things I have to do is, visual check on pipe work , flue pipe ... Taking pictures of pipe work faults, like pushfits used to as a stop end ( open end ), boiler services , flue gas analyse ... Fires and cookers, spillage tests/ smoke tests ventilation calculation , and many more

I hope it helped a little

Give us some details of how the portfolio is set out, what evidence it asks for etc.

Who's is it BTW, BPEC?

Your training provider should be best placed to advise

I finished all mine about 6 months ago. I created a check list for each type of job (repair, service or install) on a night I wrote up each job and bullet pointed each phase of the work, including all pressure and tests completed,additionally, I had photos taken doing various jobs. The first few had pictures of me doing tightness tests but there are only a certain amount of times holding a manometer by a meter that ou can get away with before it all gets boring, so do vary the photos showing different aspects of the job. You should have had a template sent through for your portfolio, if not let me know and I will send some of my stuff through to give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe on site record advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I m Ahmed from Nottingham. I complete my gas safe course 1st part in college and now I need to complete my portfolio. College offer me to work with them but unfortunately I can't get this offer because my college is Birmingham . So I m looking any Registered Gas safe engineer in...
Replies
Views
I am about to start a training course to become Gas Safe qualified. As part of the training I am required to work with a Gas Safe engineer and for them to sign my portfolio. I appreciate to start with I may be a slight hindrance, however in return for this I will offer my labour for free. I...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I’m just looking for a bit of advice or help I’m currently studying a domestic gas course in Aintree Liverpool. As part of the course I’ve got to complete a on site portfolio with a qualified gas engineer voluntary of course but struggling to find anyone I’ve rang a lot of companies...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock