Search the forum,

Discuss gas safe card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

southwestheatin

hi i am gas safe with the company i work for but also want to do my own private work on the side. i hear from another engineer it is possible to get a gas safe number/card for work on the weekends/ evenings at a reduced anual cost, is this correct? anybody got any links to this?

Nope you need you own registration number/card and your own pl insurance and depending what your contract with your employer states as well

Here's the application form, it asks if you are already registered with others but doesn't say there's a discount, well it wouldn't it's Gassafe;

[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/doc/gsr_new_app_form.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
gas Safe DO NOT offer a discount for a second registration, this was an initiative that CORGI had in place

ah rite the only other way of getting it cheaper that i can think of is getting named as an operative on another engineers registration but i would rather not do this. i was aware i need my own registration card/number but what i was told is that you can get one just to be used on the weekend/evening obvisoly not the case for the comment. never mind will have to do the maths to see if its worth it

ah rite the only other way of getting it cheaper that i can think of is getting named as an operative on another engineers registration but i would rather not do this. i was aware i need my own registration card/number but what i was told is that you can get one just to be used on the weekend/evening obvisoly not the case for the comment. never mind will have to do the maths to see if its worth it

you are right, if you pay me (or any GSR) ÂŁ63 we can legally add you to our register, BUT that will still only allow you to do gas work for me, so all your weekend work will need to go through my accounts etc, and if im taking all the liability i want the money, so its not really a viable option, and if your mate added you to his list to allow you do do weekend work and didnt make anything he is off his rocker cause all the hassle you cause will go back to him and affect his registration

be careful and ask your gaffa's permission to do your own work (best to have it in writing). Competing for work is an easy way for your company to get rid of you when works slack without you having a leg to stand on.

also gas safe records are inspected by the inland revenue so make sure you get your accounts in order and self assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
I have a Level 3 Diploma in Gas Engineering - Pathway D (Gas Safe Course), which is a City & Guilds qualification. I work full time and would like to volunteer for free with a gas engineer during the weekends in London ?? Please pm me
Replies
Views
I
Can someone in the know kindly clarify, please? I have tried to get Gas Safe on the phone, but no good! I have had conflicting advice. I am in the position of being able to start a small business employing two nephews - both of whom are Gas Safe registered. But do I have to ensure the business...
Replies
Views
Apparently my gas safe reg will get assigned to the ltd company (mine)? So I'm left with nothing myself if i ever sell or close down the company? How does it work with gas engineers working as employee for a company? They will be gas safe registered of course but I've heard that they can't do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new on the forum, I'm a gas service and repair engineer rather than a plumber. I used to work for a big company, now self employed. I do some install work too but nothing too big as I work alone and to be honest I'm not quick enough at installation work and not experienced in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock