Search the forum,

Discuss Gas rating E6 meter.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Just a quick one here, Was gas rating a boiler the other day , the tenant had a E6 token meter.
Opened the hot tap, went to the meter , pressed the B button which shown me the meter index, took the reading and start the 2min test. Ten seconds in and the meter index dissapered, Kept having to press the B button to get the index update.
Is there an easier way of doing this or is that it cos if it is then that is not anoying at all.

when you first press the button is when you start your two minutes when the two min are up press again dont worry how long it takes to appear the index is taken at the time you press the button

there is a technical bulletin about this issue if anybody want to go check it out. TB 112 i think

Last edited:
Where do i find these technical bulletins. I went on gas safe web site but can't find them.

did you log in to the site?
once logged in just scroll down the menu on the left of the page

There was def' a tech bulletin about this, about four issues back I think.

With the appliance to be checked operating at maximum rating setting
1. Press & release button A. This will wake up display.
Please wait..... will appear
Then in approx 10 seconds the amount of credit pre paid will also appear.
£7.54 ON
2. Press & release button A, this will then display amount owed.
£5.00 ON
Owed

At this stage ensure that ON is displayed in the Right Hand top corner.
If OFF is shown the meter is either out of credit or the anti-tamper device has been triggered. No gas will will flow.
3. Press and release button A. Static index is the displayed
Meter Index
0000.861 m3

Now have your stop watch ready.
4. Press and release button B and start stop watch at the same time.
Please wait..... appears again
Current index appears in approx 10 seconds.
Meter Index
000.871m3

Record this as your first reading.
5. After approx 60 seconds display will go out (hibernate) do nothing.
6. At 90 seconds wake up the display by repeating steps 1,2 & 3.
On exactly 2 minutes (120 seconds) since action 4. Press and release button B this will again show
Please wait..... In approx 10 seconds

Meter Index
0000.879m3
An updated index appears

Record this as your second index reading.
Calculate gas rate/heat input in normal manner for a metric meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas rating E6 meter.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock