Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Pressure Reducers: On Cylinders in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!

I am quickly becoming a hobbyist about all things helium. I was hoping someone would be able to answer my questions about pressure reducers. Thanks for your help!

1. Are pressure reducers universal? Can you switch them across different cylinders?

2. If not is there a system for mixing and matching from different companies?

Thanks for your time.

1. No. They vary in size, the type(s) of gas they are compatible with, the outlet/inlet pressures they handle, flow capacity, etc.

2. There is some standardisation but see answer 1.

High pressure gas cylinders are not toys. There are a lot of safety issues involved in transporting, keeping, testing and using them. You should rent a cylinder, holder and regulator as a complete and tested assembly from your supplier. They should deliver and install it, make sure you understand how to use it safely and have the proper signage in place, oxygen depletion alarm(s) if necessary, and then take it away again once you have done with it.

For my purposes I need only small tanks (available online) Is there any way to buy the two separately? Do you know of a website that discusses this standardization?

But if your supplier can't answer your questions you should not be buying from them!

Bear in mind that helium is almost the smallest molecule, it will probably, like hydrogen, tend to leak past fittings that are usually suitable for gases.

Reply to Gas Pressure Reducers: On Cylinders in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock