Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipework test rig? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi folks. What sort of rig do you all use to to air test gas pipework? Cheers

I use something not too dissimilar to this from screwfix
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/baile...VqZPtCh1YdgRfEAQYAiABEgKCrvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just hook up my electronic manometer instead of theirs and have an isolator on the pump

This one.
Tyre valve fits into a 15mm comp fitting.

ECCDCB38-79C3-4C48-9670-9539E8257AA7.jpeg

Last edited:

Reply to Gas pipework test rig? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
hi i am currently moving home and i have been told by a plumber that the enc pipework into/out of this gas box would not pass a gas safety test. I have also been given a safety certificate to say that there is nothing wrong with the pipework. Can anyone advise thanks
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below that is my ‘test rig’ screwed into the garage wall (same blocks as used in the bathroom). At present I have just over 28kg sitting on these brackets...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock