Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe externally under doorstep in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have been caught out with 22mm pipe not being sufficient to supply new boiler. Meter in cellar at front of house and boiler on 1st floor at rear, a long run. Gas safe engineer proposes to run new pipe work on rear external wall to reduce the run and need to rip property apart. I see external gas pipework is a common way to solve this problem. However I am not happy with how it will look and particularly the suggestion to run the pipe under the French door sill - I don’t think it will be kicked but it’s an inaccessible and grubby channel very near ground level.

Would appreciate any advice specifically on the under door routing and also generally on the merits of external gas pipework.

Your paying for the work you can advise how you would like it run within reason

If it needs to be done then there isn't much choice other than what route and how much you are willing to pay for it. What is the pressure drop across the installation?

Is it a bigger boiler than the old one ? Different position?

Reply to Gas pipe externally under doorstep in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer has a gas fire with an external gas pipe (runs across the front of the fire - see pic). He'd like a new gas fire. No chance of re-running the pipe through the chimney opening. Any ideas of a gas fire that would suit? I've looked at a few, but would like the gas connections...
Replies
Views
So we are looking at a new vaillant ecofit pure 418 regular boiler but have a question about the gas pipe size requirements.. At the gas meter the pipe size is 15mm where it then runs under the kitchen floor before exiting at the the other side where the existing boiler is located (old baxi)...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a situation where I have had a water pipe burst under a solid concrete and tile floor. The gas and water pipes were laid right next to each other in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock