Discuss Gas pipe externally under doorstep in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have been caught out with 22mm pipe not being sufficient to supply new boiler. Meter in cellar at front of house and boiler on 1st floor at rear, a long run. Gas safe engineer proposes to run new pipe work on rear external wall to reduce the run and need to rip property apart. I see external gas pipework is a common way to solve this problem. However I am not happy with how it will look and particularly the suggestion to run the pipe under the French door sill - I don’t think it will be kicked but it’s an inaccessible and grubby channel very near ground level.

Would appreciate any advice specifically on the under door routing and also generally on the merits of external gas pipework.

Your paying for the work you can advise how you would like it run within reason

If it needs to be done then there isn't much choice other than what route and how much you are willing to pay for it. What is the pressure drop across the installation?

Is it a bigger boiler than the old one ? Different position?

Reply to Gas pipe externally under doorstep in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back