Search the forum,

Discuss Gas outlet in garage in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all
Is it possible to put a gas outlet (like the gas taps back in school science lessons) or similar in a garage?
Thanks if you can advise.

For what purpose / equipment ?

For what purpose / equipment ?
To attach a 7.5 kW burner to boil an 8 gallon steel pot of water (for home brewing beer!) My kitchen hob is not powerful enough to achieve a rolling boil. And, in any case, when me and my brother take over the kitchen all day on Saturday it's beginning to annoy my wife.

Edit: Something like this (these are advertised as for use with propane/butane bottles):

Sorry to say no (as the one you linked is for lpg)

Might be better off getting a gas cooker installed in the garage instead

Sorry to say no (as the one you linked is for lpg)

Might be better off getting a gas cooker installed in the garage instead
Yeah, I noticed the one I showed was for butane/propane, but putting that to one side, is it possible to get a "science lab" gas tap put into a garage? Or a more robust solution, but not as far as installing cooker?

Better on getting a cooker point installed as there designed for your use case

Better on getting a cooker point installed as there designed for your use case
Nice one, thanks Shaun. Ballpark, what you looking at? I know this is a question tradesmen HATE but I have no idea what to budget for it. The gas line actually runs along the inside of the garage wall to the meter that is also in the garage. It also has electric.

Might need to upgrade the gas main due to the extra load so best get a quote also you will require a vent in the wall for replacement air

Dont think your home insurance would pay out.
And i dont think you can fit a cooker in a garage (i would not )
use outside with propane or get electric boiler for wort. hic
Thanks Pete. Insurance was a question mark tbh.

It does seem that butane or propane is an unnecessarily expensive solution. However thanks to all your advice I think the "gas tap in the garage" idea is a no-no.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out.

Please do chip in if anything else comes to mind. Thank you.

Reply to Gas outlet in garage in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock