Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Meter Installation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all,

I am currently building a house (standard, residential) in New South Wales, and the plumber installing the gas meter is trying to install the meter in the backyard instead of under the Electrical Cabinet in the front. The reason given was that it wouldn't achieve the clearances required.

I've had a look at AusNet TS4352 - Technical Standard, Gas Meter Location and I am fairly comfortable that the clearances are satisfied.

I'll include some house plans and where I've drawn to show the limits. Can someone who is qualified or authorised to give advice on this question please have a look and let me know if I'm on the right track?

Thanks very much in advance.

Pete.

IMG_5735.jpeg

Attachments

• Gas Meter Installation.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
I only had a very quick scan but your proposed location looks to be within the clearance limits as stipulated below in relation to positioning below the electricity meter. Trouble may arise with what defines an opening in your case and the distance to it with regards your floor to ceiling windows/patio door. Why not just ask your plumber what clearances this location contravenes, maybe he thinks your patio doors/windows open fully.

AusNet TS4352 - Technical Standard, Gas Meter Location
Source URL: Gas Meter Installation - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/gas-meter-installation.118810/

I'd agree with the above.
The Meter fitter is using the brickwork openings for both windows, not the actual opening window, as the point to measure.

Looking at the Patio multislide door the first leaf although according to the drawing is fixed looks like it could easilly be made to open.
And it may be the porch / canopy roof they are using on the other side.
From the T.S Avoidance of any location where escaping gas may become trapped i.e. below closed canopies where gas cannot disperse into the atmosphere

I assume you don't want it in the back yard as you have to leave open access to the meter for reading purposes.

Reply to Gas Meter Installation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock