Search the forum,

Discuss Gas hose behind oven in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 121352

I have a new kitchen fit and the gas man just connected the hob and oven (both bayonet fittings low down). There is quite bit of the oven flexible hose and as he resited the oven i asked if it matters that the hose will be touching the oven back. He said no because there is plenty of airspace around it.
Is it me, or was that a strange answer? Is it perfectly safe for the hose to touch?

I wanted to be absolutely sure as he had me move the original copper pipe round the ceiling, down the side of a wall then back along to reach the supply. He did this because i asked him to put it inside the wall in a straight line, which he said cant be done incase of a leak. It took another fitter to tell me jt CAN be done if the pipe is encased in steel. The gas man said this was so, yet i spent a lot for him to move it and now my whole wall of cabinets wont fjt. So, is it safe and nothing to worry about please?
So grateful

It is recommended that the cooker point is 750mm from the finished floor level, secured to the fabric of the building, and the hose is in a u shape.
Thank you very much. Looks like both oven and hob are not like this. He plugged oven at old site at back and looks like hob was lower (probably joined to the same main joint, but i cdnt see from my angle)
Is this still safe please?

Also are your built in oven and Hob suitable for connection in cooker hose eg flexi as most arnt appliance instructions will tell you yes or no

Also are your built in oven and Hob suitable for connection in cooker hose eg flexi as most arnt appliance instructions will tell you yes or no
Thank you very much. I found this in the book.

The flexible hose must comply with the approval standard and the local code..

Surely all have some flexible hose anyway.

Also found this
This appliance sd be installed using 15mm copper pipe connected via a shut off valve in an adjacent unit. The shut off valve needs to be accessible.......

Does this mean there should be a separate cut off along its length?
This is so confusing. An engineer came to mend the oven door and he drew me a diagram of the way the pipes should be. One hose was higher in a U shape with a small thing (cut off?) he had drawn nr the top.

Both flex hoses of mine fit into original connection and no U shape. The hob hose hangs down the back .There is a whole lot of hose with oven and no idea how much touches it at the back. No idea re combustion, etc. Too uncertain to use the oven.

Yes and accessible also looks like the hose isn’t approved for use

Reply to Gas hose behind oven in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock