Search the forum,

Discuss Gas grill hose connection in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I need to connect an outdoor NG grill to an existing outside NG supply connection. I need to get the right hose to attach to my grill. A few background facts:
-My Grill requires 124000 BTUH Total gas consumption with all burners set to HI
-My Grill manufacturer tells me I need to use a ½”ID hose of approx. 4-6ft or less; my connections (Grill regulator and house supply pipe) are about 3ft apart.
-My grill currently has a ½”FPT x ½”MPT (male-to-female) elbow coming off the regulator, and a ½”MPT x 3/8” COMP (compression flare fitting) connected to this elbow.
-My house has a 3/8” (female) Quick Connect connected to a 3/8”-18NPT pipe with an in-line shutoff valve. The Quick connect is a part by KSUN, Part#QH1. Online this part lists a flow of 50000BTUH.

So my questions are:
1. Is there such a hose with a 3/8” (male) quick connect connected to a ½”ID hose? I cant seem to find one.
2. Is my current female Quick Connect too small for my needs; and do I need to replace with perhaps 1/2" Quick Connect?
3. If I replace, can I get a ½” Quick connect that can connect to my 3/8”MPT pipe and valve, or will I need an adapter?
4. Is my actual outside house gas pipe a limiter on my gas supply needs?
5. Do I need the ½”MPT x 3/8”COMP fitting currently connected to the grill elbow, or can I go direct to the ½” elbow?

Thank you in advance for your time and insights.

You have some BBQ - 130 MJ/h / 124000 BTU's
I would hazard a guess that your existing gas supply to the BBQ is undersized.

Depending on your gas pressure supplied after the meter, you may be in trouble.
Do you know what your gas pressure is downstream of the meter?

You have some BBQ - 130 MJ/h / 124000 BTU's
I would hazard a guess that your existing gas supply to the BBQ is undersized.

Depending on your gas pressure supplied after the meter, you may be in trouble.
Do you know what your gas pressure is downstream of the meter?

No I have no way of measuring that I am aware of. Would changing the quick connect make any difference given the 3/8 pipe behind it?

If you have a quick connect, just connect the BBQ and see how it operates.
I doubt whether upsizing the quick connect will have any great effect on the operation of the BBQ given that you have 3/8 pipe feeding it.

The only way you will know is when fire the thing up.

Reply to Gas grill hose connection in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock