Search the forum,

Discuss Gas fitting Garage Heater in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

DDC

4feca586-9bb8-4c18-b5ee-7cee3bd1dd49-jpeg.42202

Hi. I bought a house that has a pool heater and the gas line for it is shown here. I also want to put a natural gas garage heater in. My question is: is that piece of pipe coming up where it is capped off where the installer will tie into and go up the side of my garage? That back corner pictured is where I’ll be putting my heater. It “appears” to be 1” pipe but my heater only requires 1/2” pipe. Will this be easy for an installer to do and not be too much gas? Will a second shut off be required for each appliance? It almost seems that the shut off pictured is currently for the pool heater but if the plumber ties into that available spot gas would it technically still go to the pool heater (although it wouldn’t be fired up in the winter)? Just wanting to get an idea if everything is going to be more or less ready for an easy installation based on your expertise. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4FECA586-9BB8-4C18-B5EE-7CEE3BD1DD49.jpeg
    4FECA586-9BB8-4C18-B5EE-7CEE3BD1DD49.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 33
Depends if the gas line would be able to take the extra load eg from the supply to the yellow valve

best to call a gas tech out and ask him

Depends if the gas line would be able to take the extra load eg from the supply to the yellow valve

best to call a gas tech out and ask him
Thanks. I’m thinking it should be good since the garage heater will be used in the winter only and the pool heater will be used in the summer only. Thank you. Any other insights would be appreciated in advance of getting an installer out. I don’t get the house for another month so I’m just trying to gather information in advance.

ask him to keep main shut off and then add a shut off for the garage heater supply and another for pool boiler so they can be shut off and worked on individually

Reply to Gas fitting Garage Heater in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock