Search the forum,

Discuss Gas fire with gap at the top in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommmmmmm

Hi,

Selling my house so got a chap round to do the gas safe certs on the boilers, all fine. He is a look at the fire but wasn't sure on the look of it. It passed all the tests he did but he said he didn't do enough fires to be able to sign it off with what he saw. I have the installation certificate from ten years ago so I contacted the chap who put it in and he said it looks fine to him. I obviously don't want something unsafe signing off, but likewise I don't want it failing and doing work if it's actually fine as is.

Can you let me know how it looks, expected cost to fix (if required) and sign off?

I'm in leeds ls25 if someone can give me a good quote for doing it.

20170623_083831.jpg

20170623_081722.jpg

Doesn't look right to me either

If your selling couldn't you have the fire capped and leave it in place

Your best getting a price from a local gas safe engy that's good with fires

Thanks for the reply. I thought the fighter might have just being saying it was fine as he did the work. Don't want to leave anyone with something dangerous, even if he would sign it off.

Good point about getting it capped. What can I expect to pay for capping and a gas safe cert?

Thanks for the reply. I thought the fighter might have just being saying it was fine as he did the work. Don't want to leave anyone with something dangerous, even if he would sign it off.

Good point about getting it capped. What can I expect to pay for capping and a gas safe cert?

Best ask the guy you had for the test but shouldn't be that much (under ÂŁ60) ball park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire with gap at the top in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock