• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Gas engineer IDs an appliance? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

WeeLearnerLad

What does it mean when a gas engineer IDs an appliance as unsafe? Does it literally mean the appliance has been identified as unsafe or is there another meaning to the terminology? What other common abbriviations/acronyms does a gas engineer use?

FFS 😜

Right or wrong answers welcome

Last edited:

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Is this a wind up? You have gsr, but you’re questioning ID categorisation.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I don't have gsr. There wasn't an apprentice category to select. So no, not a wind up
Ok, my apologies, as your profile states you do have gsr. In a recent HVP, Gas safe and Igem (institute of gas engineers and managers) video it (ID) was described as an immediate danger to life or property.

Here is the link

Reply to Gas engineer IDs an appliance? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net