Search the forum,

Discuss gas engineer courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am looking for advice/recommendations regarding where to go to learn and get qualified as a gas safe engineer? I have seen a course which takes 4 months (including 40 day portfolio building) does this sound legit? thanks

Hi

I am looking for advice/recommendations regarding where to go to learn and get qualified as a gas safe engineer? I have seen a course which takes 4 months (including 40 day portfolio building) does this sound legit? thanks
Be very careful before you part with money for a course that potentially promises everything and delivers nothing, its shark infested waters so to speak. Check the section on training courses on the forum. Check any companies you may be interested in with independant reviews. The best way into the industry is going to be on the job training with a qualified engineer and experience in plumbing and heating.

If it is along the lines of part time x nights a week at training centre then they place you with a gas safe engineer to complete the course all for £xxxx of pounds then I expect you to return after 4 months saying you have been ripped off. ;)
If it does work out then please come back and tell us as most are a rip off.

Last edited:
If it is along the lines of part time x nights a week at training centre then they place you with a gas safe engineer to complete the course all for £xxxx of pounds then I expect you to return after 4 months saying you have been ripped off. ;)
If it does work out then please come back and tell us as most are a rip off.
spencer, tell me what you disliked.

Reply to gas engineer courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock