Search the forum,

Discuss Gas cooker lid help? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I’m doing a cp12
There is a gas cooker which should have a Glass lid.
There is no lid or mechanism present and the safety device has a Metal plate holing it open so the hob works?

Is this AR or NCS?

If the safety device has been interfered with in any way, overridden or disabled it is ID - GS(IU)R 26.

The fact that the glass lid has been removed, is not relevant - the appliance has been modified away from the way that the Manufacturer intended it to be safely used.

Well is suppose it is a safety device. And it has been disabled. But there is no lid to protect. Everything else ok?
[automerge]1574427012[/automerge]
Looking it up in unsafe procedures.
Appliances 7.4 does say ID.

Last edited:
Would say I.D. as it's supposed to have one but doesn't. Phone Gas Safe for clarity, that's what we pay £200 odd quid a year for! Well, that and a magazine

I phoned the manufacturer and they couldn’t tell me if it should have a glass lid or not

I phoned gas safe and they said as king as it doesn’t look modified and passes other safety checks it’s ok to use

As there is no lid there is no need for a safety device to protect it

Reply to Gas cooker lid help? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock