Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Certificate question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russ

Hi Guys!

Can somebody confirm if a gas certificate is invalid if only the landlords name is entered, i.e. no address etc

Some background
We are carrying out a term contract to refurb voids for a housing association. We had instances of our clients term gas contractor capping off supplies on our sites and also on sites that have been handed over but not let. In all instances there was no effort made to find out if anybody was in the property and no warning notices were left (been informed this is illegal, advice please). This led us to believe that the contractor was spotting properties where the certificate was out of date and capping off the supply to create a call out from the client (job creation I think it's called), obviously not aware that we were on site. We reported this to our client, no accusations were made, we just wanted to avoid the hassle it was causing us. This has now lead to them telling our client that all the certs we have issued are invalid because they only have the housing associations name and no address etc. Obviousley from now on we will fully complete the certs but need to know if we have to re-issue about 30 historic certs at our expense.

Thanks for any help

Russ

if no landlord details how is the tenant to know who is liable etc, if theres a space to be filled in best to fill it in imho, after all this is a legal document and may have to be relied on in a court.

Lame

Thank you, the certs do name the housing association as the landlord, just no contact details.
would expect the tenant to have those details somewhere other than the gas cert. We will in future fill out all spaces but are the ones already done invalid?? I will be re-issuing these certs for good client relations but would really like to know if I have a legal responsibility to do so in addition.

Russ

personally, if its a legal document I tend to complete in full, then you cant go wrong or be caught out, its not hard to reissue them as you have copies but is it needed as after a year they are history. but for 30 whats the problem 2 hours work by the issuing engineer if you need too

provided the address of the property tested is present and the name of the housing association i would think that covers you
i often have no name for the tennant or the property is vacant ive also done them where the present ocupier is the landlord and he will be letting the property soon so both addreses would be the same

Name and address of landlord is specified in the Gas Regs.
But I do not think it will be invalid if landlords address is missed IF the landlord can be clearly identified - ir because it is a company of housing association.
May be a problem if the name is just John Smith.
Need to know who is responsible.

If there is a box to be filled in, then put something in it. So if the address is empty put Vacant under the tenants name. Can't see the problem with the Landlord details, I always put the letting agent or housing association in with their address and phone number.

It's not invalid but it's lazy, and could lead to someone assuming the rest of the stuff is lazy as well, ie not fully properly checked, and I always advise people to fully complete all paperwork, if there's an investigation into something and they have the paperwork and its not filled in

It's not invalid but it's lazy, and could lead to someone assuming the rest of the stuff is lazy as well, ie not fully properly checked, and I always advise people to fully complete all paperwork, if there's an investigation into something and they have the paperwork and its not filled in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Certificate question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear all, We were disconnected by our gas supplier. We have no managed to find the money to clear the bill. They have told us it will take 10 days to reconnect us. There is a vulnerable old person in the house and we have no heating or hot water. Also we are worried that the pipes will freeze...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
Have any engineers on here purchased their gas certificate booklets from screwfix? Our landlord has been trying to evict us throughout the pandemic as we eventually had to report him to the local council for disrepair as well as lack of gas safety check throughout our tenancy. They initiated...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
In Brief !! About to purchase a 2 bed apartment that was let out for the last 2 years and the landlord has done a full refurb . During a visit a neighbour came over as we left and informed us that The previous tenant had complained no Gas safe landlord cert was issued to her during her...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock