From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Gas and Solid Fuel/Wood linked C/H systems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RBJ

Looking for advice from experienced installers.
I currently have a 3 unit C/H and hot water system with wood burner, solid fuel range and Stelrad Ideal Mexico gas boiler (20+ years old) that has failed and not sure if current regulations and current gas boilers will require system to be modified.
Any help would be appreciated. Norfolk area
:sad::confused5:

joni os

Plumber
Whats failed on your gas boiler, gas valve and Thermcouple readily available, as you suspect, a new boiler could require modification to system.
Welcome to forum.

OP
R

RBJ

Seals have gone and apparently Stelrad don't supply any more for this model, failed smoke test.
Thanks for the reply.

AMGasServices

Gas Engineer
I know it's possible because I came accross a company that made wood burners with a back boiler that can be connected to a heating system. Primarily for sealed systems. Unsure about an open vent systems. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer.

The wood burner has a temperature stat linked with the overflow if the water is too hot it sends it outside. The flow and return connects in to a low loss header tank.

A hetas engineer will be able to advice you better on linking your wood burner to your heating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas and Solid Fuel/Wood linked C/H systems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares