Search the forum,

Discuss Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I'm in the market to purchase my first analyser and I'm struggling to know what's best for me. With my last employer we used the Anton sprint v2 but I also like the Kane 455. What's puzzling me is whether I need all the kit that you can get with them. I.e sniffer, temp clamps and printer?? Do you guys actually use the analysers to do your tightness tests and things like that? Recommendations welcome.

kane 455 and yes as you have a print out of your test pressures if gas safe are pulled in, you can prove when you tested it, it was sound

I've got the sprint v2 at the moment, but when I did my ACS last month the college had the Kane 455. I quite liked it, I'd definitely consider swapping when my Anton dies.

Definitely need all the gubbins if you don't already have them.

kane 455 is my choice at present till the cell goes then the next one up

Testo 330 all day

Kane 455, printer is great when commissioning I staple high rate and low rate print outs to manual. Temp clamps easy to use, never used anything else as I stick to water gauge. Not too bothered about print outs for pressure tests, if I've checked tightness twice and its fine then it will do for me, I proved at ACS that I'm competent to do a TT.

Kane 455 is what I use have the printer but don't use it. Ocassionaly use the temp clamps. And use it for tightness and differential pressure every day. No filling a I gauge for me.
I don't like the recharge bats they come with so I have 12 eneloop rechargeable nimh AA batts I use in it. (4 at a time) and a stand allone AA nimh charger. Have never used the cooker grill probe but have made myself a series of different hoses with the extra hose connectors that are supplied so I can connect for drop test and to analyse non probe compatible combustion test ports like on the logic when it has a horizontal flue. Also handy to have one on silicone hose so you can sample flue gassed through the air pressure switch hoses on some older boilers. The bag the Kane came in is naff and it lives in my Veto propac service bag now.

Last edited:
Kane 455 with cpa 1 kit £585 plus vat. Any where better than that???

My Anton Evo 2? £50

It was drowned by apprentice today. Along with my service bag.

Kane 457 and printer, but never use the printer. Dont see the pojnt

Kane 455. Kit brilliant Why! Because it's what I was taught to use and everyone recommend because it has all the things you need. Room Co, let by tightness, emissions. And calibration is not too expensive. Providing you haven't wrecked it in 350 days.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any cheap deals going on for the Kane 455?

I even spoke to one of the Kane's Midlands team yesterday and he said may be best to buy from a training centre.

Does anyone also use the 457 or upgraded from a 455 to a 457?

If I was you I wouldn't buy from a training centre and tbh best to buy new

Shop around. I wouldnt be put off buying 2nd hand - but it would have to be an exceptional deal and id habe toake sure it wasnt stolen from some poor other

Kane have just released the 456 with idiot proof walkthrough on the screen how to work it (sign of the times) Costs around 470

Try Kane direct in welwyn garden city??? Don't know that number but heard from a "Robert " it's cheaper!!

Testo & Printer, clip printout on benchmark after commissioning or service, + has a very good connection for probe, last Anton I used the push on hose I thought was poor

cheers guys thanks for the replies... very swift..

I d looked at the 457 as I've read it gives better accurate readings over the 455 and if I ever went into commercial catering I wouldn't have t buy another lol

I have the 457 - like it..easy to use but haven't really tried anything else

Haa Co room measuring - and few other features that are handy.
It all comes down to cost.
I got mine for the same as most 455s so it was a bo brainer

If i was buying a new one it would be this one
456.jpg

If you just want a basic analyzer buy a 250 one or their variants.
Nothing in this game is cheap not that you'd know that from the stupid low prices some charge for their work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always used a testo 327 I have 2 but one needs calibrating. They are expensive but it comes down to which one you feel is right for you.

Just hired a Anton evo3 £10 a day. The Anton app seems good!

Have 2 sprint v2 on company and have a lot of problems with them. A pain after high CO exposure, takes ages to get down to a level to turn it off. Printer good and a must with any analyser. Sniffer probe not so good.

Only ever used kane at the odd course so can't really rate them.

Got a Testo 330-2LL now as it is a commercial rated unit. Without a doubt best i've used, and an impressive bit of kit. Strong pump so results fast, co to 0 and turn off really fast. Bluetooth link to tablet. Expensive though cost (company) about £2500 with printer probes and sniffer.
Testo definitely seems the best quality in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas analysers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock