Search the forum,

Discuss Garden tap low pressure and hissing in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve just noticed my outside tap is making a sort of hissing sound and the pressure doesn’t seem as good as it was. It has much less power coming out of the hose pipe. A few months ago the return valve was fixed as it got stuck could it be related to this? I’m happy to try taking it apart to see if anything looks amiss but not sure how to turn off the flow to it. Would I likely have to turn off the whole mains water? I have a handle under the sink near where it goes through the wall but not sure if that makes a water turn off or not… really don’t know anything about plumbing but happy to try if it is something simple to save another visit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 4
Would say the non return valve in the tap has a problem

Reply to Garden tap low pressure and hissing in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock