Search the forum,

Discuss Garden Log Cabin Plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

As my wife is a hairdressing we are looking to build a log cabin in the garden for her to carry out her work.

The issue I have is with the waste and was looking for ideas/advice.

We can get cold water supply & electricity to it no problem however as the garden is on a slight slope I’m not sure the best/easiest/cheapest/right way to do this?

I kinda know already that I will need lift floors in my house I think as I can’t go in to the rainwater gutter pipe and it need be waste wipe wouldn’t it?

There will be no toilet. This just be sink waste from hair washing.

What’s the soil like is it clay below or decent ?

I might have to confirm that before proceeding so thanks for that for a start as that’s exactly where I am at. Looking for advice for both.

There was me thinking my main issue was how to get the waste away.

Depending on ground you might be able to use a soak away (also depending on what chemicals she uses ) if not best run a 2” waste to the stack / drain

Depending on ground you might be able to use a soak away (also depending on what chemicals she uses ) if not best run a 2” waste to the stack / drain
The bottom of garden seems to be maybe approx 1-2 ft lower than the house. So maybe mean it would need run uphill? This is my issue. Would I need a pump?

The waste stack is on the opposite side of the house. I’m looking place it where the decking is. Then maybe run up side of fence but then the waste stack is on opposite side of house.

Attachments

• 463B8B34-1E0D-42E9-B490-4EF54F77180E.jpeg
    463B8B34-1E0D-42E9-B490-4EF54F77180E.jpeg
    667.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2D29351C-F8A9-41A3-A5BF-2FC3A36C8FDF.jpeg
    2D29351C-F8A9-41A3-A5BF-2FC3A36C8FDF.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 9E67A5A5-10DD-4071-96FC-DEFBB08FCD54.jpeg
    9E67A5A5-10DD-4071-96FC-DEFBB08FCD54.jpeg
    669.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8C3F25D2-E82D-4B1A-89E2-4299B007A6CD.jpeg
    8C3F25D2-E82D-4B1A-89E2-4299B007A6CD.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 7
Is there any manholes in the street eg with the tree ?

Where would I be able to find out about manholes as this most likely make things easier wouldn't it?

As for if I was to connect in to my waste stack, what gradient is deemed acceptable? I take it nothing uphill is acceptable? What about a use of a pump?

No not all need a fall. Look at Lifting stations or pumping stations,
OK I will. Thanks!

I am just thinking that the back wash will be at least a metre in height so I could use that and not necessarily go underground. I could run fromthat back to house and that give me my decline maybe (I hope!) Just means building some sort enclosure for it to run alongside fence.

Any more suggestions welcome folks!

Reply to Garden Log Cabin Plumbing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock