Search the forum,

Discuss Garden hose serving outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

Is this ok going by the bye law regs? Basically there is a 15mm yorkie tee under sink with about 4/5" of copper coming out. Then whoever has done the work has jubilee clipped a garden hose to the pipe and ran it outside and into the bib tap. Is this legit? I'm pretty sure it isn't but my mate says it's ok.

Doesn't comply with water regulations G15.20 and G15.21. No isolation valve, no internally mounted double check valve (unless an old installation and DC valve part of outlet tap).

Also:

a. No means of draining off to prevent freezing in winter.

b. Doubt if the pipe through the wall is sleeved with sleeve sealed both ends.

c. I would have doubts about insurance paying up if hose between tee and tap burst and caused damage as probably not WRAS approved "pipe".

Unfortunately sheds like B&Q sell diy kits exactly like this.

All the time they sell stuff like this diy people will think it is legit, just like selling gas fire installation kits :32:

and who's going to enforce this abortion of pipework, is there a numer for the pipework police? :)

Unfortunately sheds like B&Q sell diy kits exactly like this.

All the time they sell stuff like this diy people will think it is legit, just like selling gas fire installation kits :32:
If the copper stem had an issolator on it before the hose clip and the bib tap had a built in check valve it would have been a better install than the self cutting tap and washing machine style hose that C&U sell.

Cheers for the replies folks. It's in my mums house might renew it before the real winter hits. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Garden hose serving outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock