Search the forum,

Discuss G3 Qualified plumber required/W Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Seeking a G3 Qualified plumber.

Need my Ariston unvented water cylinder serviced, magnesium Anode rods looks at/replaced and also have a leaking tun dish.

Based in Keighley, BD20, West Yorkshire.

Thanks in advance

Any G3 Qualified plumber that can cover Bd20 area and is likely to come sometime during 2019 ! - please contact me, I have a leak in tun dish , I have an Ariston unvented cylinder. I have been let down twice so losing my patience. Happy to pay more that what you would usually charge.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
He accused me of being disrespectful .. he texted me the time he will arrive.. i said ‘Great thanks, please make sure you do, need to get this sorted asap’, my exact words via sms, apparently I am disrespectful. More like someone is over sensitive! I have been let down twice so hence I said needed if sorted asap. Im just baffled. Someone please tell me this is not the norm in this trade, two guys not turning up (2 days wasted waiting) and one accusing me of being disrespectful.

Unfortunately texts can be misinterpreted. Texting "great thanks, see you tomorrow" is better than texting "great thanks, make sure you do". It can come accross as an order and some engineers don't have the time or patience to deal with someone they may feel is bossing them around. In future keep your messages simple and they can't be taken the wrong way.

TBH you would have got the same from me, just because youve had a bad experience don't tar us all with the same brush.

You might struggle on this one.

I do understand here both sides and would agree with both. I understand that the op is frustrated and let down twice in the row and I also understand when people come across being bossy.

As above really. Perhaps the word choice should have been different.

Definitely a case of misinterpreted text, I wasn’t being bossy, Yes I am frustrated of being let down! I had spoken to the guy before on the phone and we had a good chat. He may have had a bad experience before but I wasn’t being bossy! He has lost a good customer and potentially many through word of mouth.

Thats your opinion Simon, but I know I was being not ‘off’ in any way at all, I have patience of a saint and im very reasonable. I certainly didn’t think I was being disrespectful because thats not me! I actually find rather amusing!

Thats your opinion Simon, but I know I was being not ‘off’ in any way at all, I have patience of a saint and im very reasonable. I certainly didn’t think I was being disrespectful because thats not me! I actually find rather amusing!

Texting can be carried out so quickly, we don’t always consider the content we put in. Maybe, just maybe go over things you write before sending.

Just an idea like, as I would’ve reacted the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you'd sent that text to me I would have taken it that you were implying that at best I was a poor time keeper or at worst that I had no intention of turning up at all.!!..and "disrespectful" would in my opinion have been an appropriate response.

So your saying majority of the engineers/plumbers are grumpy? ( joke!).

All is good now, I got my cylinder sorted by a nice plumber who charged me less than what he quoted initially! and did a great job.

..I guess I have learnt something too - double check and think before I text in future!

Reply to G3 Qualified plumber required/W Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock