Search the forum,

Discuss G3 combination valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Any advice ont his mind after so would appreciated.
Having just passed my G3 I have attended this old OSO cylinder the combination valve looks like it’s feeding the the cylinder from the balanced cold?
I would of though the feedback to the cylinder would have had to gone through to the other sidebars of the valve which isn’t blanked off?
[automerge]1596119427[/automerge]
Another thing is that when I open the expansion relief cold water come out of the tundish which also make me believe this valve maybe fitted wrong even though it’s been like it for 8 years

Attachments

• 8AFC9B18-64A7-41ED-B138-C97594D7C608.jpeg
    8AFC9B18-64A7-41ED-B138-C97594D7C608.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hi all sorry for the spelling mistakes above i was using my personal phone and could not see what i was typing.
[automerge]1596123806[/automerge]
These are some photos that might help.
As you can see it looks as though the balanced cold is feeding the cylinder.
There is no expansion vessel i am currently finding out if this has an internal bubble top expansion.

Last edited:
Would need the instructions for the cylinder but doesn’t look right

expansion vessel normally under the grey bubble top

Cheers Ben-Gee. The cylinder is firing water out the TPR valve so i changed the thermostat after testing it (turning down the stat and waiting for the boiler to cut out to no avail) Now the thermostat is working fine and not calling for heat past 65 degrees however the TPR which i am changing is still opening slightly I'm wondering if this is because the cylinder is fed off the balanced cold on the combi valve? any thoughts?
[automerge]1596142023[/automerge]
I believe the TPR valve opens at 7 bar and the expansion relief at 8 bar and i did not try recharging the air gap in the bubble top so there's no room for expansion except for back down the mains supply line which breaks water regs because the check valve is not working because the valve is possibly piped up wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
:D goes uphill lol . .

Reply to G3 combination valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock