Search the forum,

Discuss full install - pipe work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 102951

Hi all
Im new here... and new to any type of plumbing...
I have a bit of a project - see attached.
Could someone please tell me have I got the pipework ok for this installation?
Am I be better off doing everything in copper or should I use HEP20 everywhere apart from where its chased into walls?
Can I use 15mm piping everywhere or should I use 22mm?
Any advice much appreciated
Thanks
legepe

Plumbing1.jpg

Simplistically - Think of the central heating pipework like a tree.

Is the tree trunk the same size as the branches... No, because it has to be bigger to support branches & feed the leaves (rads) .
So feed coming from boiler pipework (trunk) should larger than the branches.
Do all the branches grow from one another... No - They cannot efficiently feed all the leaves that way.
So individual feeds to/fro rads should come off/to supply/return trunks & not be in a loop aka your plan.

Personally i would bring 22mm out onto landing area & individually tap off for each bedroom rad.
For down stairs i would try & drop in 22mm in stud wall void & then 15mm to lounge & bed 1.
Similar for other downstairs rooms.

Other option is the manifold way with 22mm feed to manifold & then 10/15mm feeds individually to each rad. That way if properly done system balancing is easier & with correct set up you can have individual room zones throughout.

A lot to consider but it's up to you.

Also please don't forget to insulate pipes in void areas as well.

Thanks

Andy

Reply to full install - pipe work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock