Search the forum,

Discuss Frustrated New Member in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon all,
I am the chairman of a Step 5 non-league football club which has very old plumbing that is really starting to show it's age. I'm looking for guidance and advice to help save the club money.
Last season the frost cracked the shower pump, we replaced like for like. Over the summer we carried out some 'improvements' that resulted in a total of 8 showers in the system, this led to the tank emptying and causing airlocks in the pump. We think we've sorted the supply problem by replacing a restrictive stopcock. The showers were working fine but now the capacitor has burnt out on the pump :(
All advice welcome, the club is run by a small team of volunteers so we could do with the experience from this forum to assist us with the correct fix for future problems.

Photos of pump/tank/boiler/pipework or some more details of your hot water system is usually what the knowledgeable guys on here need to know to assist you with some advice :)

You've already given some extra details in another post that I didn't see until after posting reply. Soz. But pictures always help too.
There's a simple device called a weir cup that can measure flow rate, if you can borrow one. Pressure & flow are dependent upon each other & in your system the pressure could possibly be increased just with different shower heads?

Hello and welcome

Reply to Frustrated New Member in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I need some urgent advice re water pressure in an unvented system. A few months back, I had my gravity fed system + boiler changed to an unvented cylinder + system boiler. The water pressure following the swap was incredible. We were originally talking about putting in a mains booster...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Here's one for you..... We have a DIY ensuite (put in by previous owners). Miles from waste stack, so SaniPro services toilet, sink and shower cubicle. This died about a year ago, and I replaced like for like with no issues (apart from trying to find the electrical connections...
Replies
Views
Hello, We have a pretty standard gravity fed system. Two cold water and one expansion tank in the loft and vented cylinder in the airing board airing cupboard on 1st floor. Pressure is terrible on both ground and first floor so we have a 4 bar pump that blasts both hot and cold water around...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I hope I've come to the right place for some guidance and advice on some plumbing work done? If not a pointer to somewhere more suitable would be a great help; otherwise please read on; Between October 2015 and January 2016 we paid for the services of a plumber to correct a number...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock