Search the forum,

Discuss from 15mm to 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hell all
a bit confused, got a down stairs bathroom on a 1930s terrace house, combi boiler fitted therefore all water at mains pressure, the 2 tails into the bathroom are 15mm, then 22mm pipe has been connected to the 15mm to supply the bath hot and cold, with tees down to 15mm for hot and cold to basin and toilet, looks like old pipework (pre combi boiler fitted 2 years ago) i need to replace all pipe work in the bathroom, can i replace it all in 15mm 0nly, or will this have a diverse effect on the water pressure. thanks all.

Not sure, but I'd hazard a guess at if the hot feed from the boiler is 15mm they (fitter) may have thought why bother increasing it to 22mm same for the cold, if the hot is producing 14 ltrs per minute when on, why have the cold filling up quicker.....

hell all
a bit confused, got a down stairs bathroom on a 1930s terrace house, combi boiler fitted therefore all water at mains pressure, the 2 tails into the bathroom are 15mm, then 22mm pipe has been connected to the 15mm to supply the bath hot and cold, with tees down to 15mm for hot and cold to basin and toilet, looks like old pipework (pre combi boiler fitted 2 years ago) i need to replace all pipe work in the bathroom, can i replace it all in 15mm 0nly, or will this have a diverse effect on the water pressure. thanks all.
15 mm to every thing using 22 can cause the boiler to run on after taps closed and lead to problems some ones not bothered to replace the pipework under the bath usually due to difficultise in removing panels

Last edited:
so do you suggest i fit all cold in 15mm and increase to 22mm for the hot bath and tee off on 15mm to basin?

or should i refit all pipework in 15mm

As steve says,run in 15mm,if 15mm to bathroom,nothing gained increaseing and could cause prob,only reason you have some 22mm at present is because left over from old system

seen a few jobs youve asked about now adrian - are you self employed mate ?

if you find a mix of 15/22mm on an installation with a combi you will find that the new boiler has simply been connected to the old system with minimal alterations (ie to save some cash) a new build with a combi is all done in 15mm, rip it out and you will find a better flow (or perhaps i mean better success filling the bath)

hi q-plumb and all, yes i am self employed but as property services, trying to complete nvq 2 in plumbing at mo, just want to make sure im doing the job right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to from 15mm to 22mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
A
The bath taps have 22mm inlets currently the cold water mains 15mm is fixed to the tap by a copper adapter 15mm to 22mm. The hot water is 22mm gravity fed. Is it ok to add a 15mm T to the cold water pipe and then add 22ml adaptor to the T to connect to a 22m TMV . I cannot find any TMValves...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock