Search the forum,

Discuss Frequent lock out in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm sorry to hear this. From time to time troublesome burners are replaced, as you say the amount of money youve spent already would have bought you one. However if this is fuel related then no new burner is going to fix the problem.
Well Hollie is coming back, and I am on google searching exorcists just to cover all the bases. At least my sense of humour is not locking out I suppose.

Ok. In the mean time is there a pattern to the lockouts and are you having to bleed the pump at all to get it going again?

Well Hollie is coming back, and I am on google searching exorcists just to cover all the bases. At least my sense of humour is not locking out I suppose.
Hollie not returned yet, but this morning just to get a some hot water i hit reset, and boiler lit and run. Then i touched heated towel rails, hot. Radiators cold. boiler on standby. So went to the control and turned up the heating as it was only on 18 deg. fired and went straight to lock out. Which i videoed. But its to big a file to send on my email and down load onto here. But i can text it if any one is interested. As an experiment ive turned off the heating and see if it will fire up on demand for hot water. So im waiting for it to stand down. Turn the hot water taps and drain it and see if it fires up for more hot water. If someone would like to to see the video, i can text or whats app. _ no went to lock out few minutes later, Im now upto to just short of 500 quid spent and still not working.

Last edited:
Hollie not returned yet, but this morning just to get a some hot water i hit reset, and boiler lit and run. Then i touched heated towel rails, hot. Radiators cold. boiler on standby. So went to the control and turned up the heating as it was only on 18 deg. fired and went straight to lock out. Which i videoed. But its to big a file to send on my email and down load onto here. But i can text it if any one is interested. As an experiment ive turned off the heating and see if it will fire up on demand for hot water. So im waiting for it to stand down. Turn the hot water taps and drain it and see if it fires up for more hot water. If someone would like to to see the video, i can text or whats app. _ no went to lock out few minutes later, Im now upto to just short of 500 quid spent and still not working.

WhatsApp 07868546891

I will have a look and listen later mate.

All the messages have come through to my mobile and not WhatsApp mate and for some reason I can't open them?

Hollie not returned yet, but this morning just to get a some hot water i hit reset, and boiler lit and run. Then i touched heated towel rails, hot. Radiators cold. boiler on standby. So went to the control and turned up the heating as it was only on 18 deg. fired and went straight to lock out. Which i videoed. But its to big a file to send on my email and down load onto here. But i can text it if any one is interested. As an experiment ive turned off the heating and see if it will fire up on demand for hot water. So im waiting for it to stand down. Turn the hot water taps and drain it and see if it fires up for more hot water. If someone would like to to see the video, i can text or whats app. _ no went to lock out few minutes later

WhatsApp 07868546891

I will have a look and listen later mate.
So it seems if i leave it alone for a bit, it will start, straight after reset it wont. A few times its called for heat and started, but eventually will go to lock out. Immediately after lock out it wont restart. Im wondering if its a fuel line blockage - but tiger loop has never been empty - surely if it was not supplying the tiger loop from the tank - it would empty it.
All the messages have come through to my mobile and not WhatsApp mate and for some reason I can't open them?
i cant seem to invite you

So it seems if i leave it alone for a bit, it will start, straight after reset it wont. A few times its called for heat and started, but eventually will go to lock out. Immediately after lock out it wont restart. Im wondering if its a fuel line blockage - but tiger loop has never been empty - surely if it was not supplying the tiger loop from the tank - it would empty it.

i cant seem to invite you

I think I've added you to WhatsApp mate

So last night I arrived home, I poured my self a Pinocolada (with umbrella) put on my favourite string vest and budgie smugglers, cranked up the heating (because I can) and revelled in the wonder of central heating. The fantastic indefatigable Hollies heating found a Gremlin hiding in the control box, after incanting the gremlin exorcism spell and casting a special mix of herbs, eye of toads and Dragons gonads she changed the control box and the boiler is happily humming away in its little cupboard. I am currently seeking planning permission for a 20 ft bronze statue of Hollie to be erected, who not only fixed the heating, has saved the lives of three whining women from a horrible end, being drowned in cold bath water and given their 4 hour showers and preference to lounge about in shorts and t shirts rather than put on a sweater, has saved the oil industry, prevented the collapse of the middle east and thwarted the 4 horses of the apocalypse. All hail Hollies heating.

So my suspicions of the control box were correct?
They were indeed Sir, you have won the paper weight which would now keep a bouncy castle firmly attached to the ground in a typhoon. Really appreciate every ones comments and help. It has inspired me to give up a career in Ship broking and become a boiler engineer!

The main plant and large pipework is usually maintained by outside companys

They were indeed Sir, you have won the paper weight which would now keep a bouncy castle firmly attached to the ground in a typhoon. Really appreciate every ones comments and help. It has inspired me to give up a career in Ship broking and become a boiler engineer!

I accept this prize with great delight. You have proved all throughout this saga your understanding is good and definitely better than some people who do this for a living, a boiler engineer would not be out of the question for you.
I'm glad it's sorted and I would continue to use Hollie from now on. The so called previous engineer clearly just chucked parts at it in the hope of getting lucky, people like that are bad for the industry.
If there is any further problems feel free to ask.

Reply to Frequent lock out in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock