Search the forum,

Discuss French drain, where to position? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everybody, I’m installing a French drain at my property. I know how to do it, just don’t know how would be best to locate it. My lawn is a dog leg as seen in the attached image. The lawn will be as flat as possible once installed (with no slope). Would it be best to run multiple French drains along the length like in the picture or only one? Or have them and also have some running perpendicular to and joining up with them? My soul drains well, just want to make sure I don’t run into
Issues down the track. Huge thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 7C54CA58-9E44-436C-83FF-139459BB4453.jpeg
    7C54CA58-9E44-436C-83FF-139459BB4453.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 18
Why are you doing this?

Are you in a major flood prone area?

What you've drawn seems way over for a land plot your size, but I don't know your situation.

If you want to go with what you've drawn, there should be no issues, unless your flood prone...even then I think you have that covered with your design

Thanks for your reply. Doing this so I dont have to have any visible drainage grates in the yard. Not in a flood prone area at all. I'm on pretty well drained volcanic soil, just crossing all the T's and dotting the I's I guess. Do you think I could just get away with 2 of the drawn blue lines running right to left in my diagram and one for the small dog leg? Thank you again

Reply to French drain, where to position? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock