• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Freezing plastic micro bore 10mm pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

SMB

Hi,

I need to remove a radiator fed by 10mm plastic barrier pipe, in a pressurised central heating system. I can get under the floor to the pipes.

Is it OK to freeze the pipe so that it can be capped, so that I don’t have to drain down?

Thanks.

RB

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
As above take pressure off turn both valves off and do one at a time into a bucket and pushfit caps and inserts

but yes you can freeze it just allow 5 mins more time

SMB

If it’s pressurised, just crack the pressure down to zero. Then cut one pipe and cap it, then cut the other pipe and cap it. As long as you only have one open end it will hold on a vacuum.
Have the caps by you.

Worked a treat.

VERY many thanks. Saved buying a freezing pipe kit.

Cheers.

Reply to Freezing plastic micro bore 10mm pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net