Search the forum,

Discuss Free standing exposed bath waste help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Sorry if this is a silly question. I have a freestanding bath that is on legs. Therefore I need to install an exposed overflow and waste onto it with a shallow trap. The plug I have just bought is one that screws from the top to the bottom to install it (not one that has a threaded shaft.
My worry is that the bath is acrylic and where the plug hole has been cut out, you can see the ‘foam’ inside the bath, which, with the plug I have bought will get wet when wet when I drain the bath.
my question is, is this normal or do I need to make my own cylinder between the top of plug and bottom or paint the foam with some waterproof membrane stuff.
Any help would be great,

many thanks

Hhmmm any pictures?? We often discard the foam washer and use a clear sanitary silicone to seal the grate to the bath. Kop

Attachments

• 20181113_161130.jpg
    20181113_161130.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20181113_161040.jpg
    20181113_161040.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
Either a) buy a threaded type waste that doesn’t allow water to come into contact with this core.
or
b) seal the edge with silicone well tuned in before you fit your waste.

I would change the type of waste you have.

Either a) buy a threaded type waste that doesn’t allow water to come into contact with this core.
or
b) seal the edge with silicone well tuned in before you fit your waste.

I would change the type of waste you have.

Ok thank you. That’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure if you can buy a threaded waste that is exposed with a low trap as the overflow pipe joins the plug straight away underneath so I’m guessing the threaded type would block it. I’ll have a look on the internet tonight. Thank you very much

Reply to Free standing exposed bath waste help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm new to the forum, hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely weather. I am on the hope I could get some answers to my question if you can help me out please. I am moving my washing machine to the bottom of my garage and I'm after for advice on the best arrangement for the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along with the Thomas Dudley Basin Waste kit All relatively straightforward to put together but why is it still dripping I'm using the preexisting metal...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I really don't want to notch the joist to get the waste out. I was thinking can I run the waste connected together to the outside in 40mm? So the bath...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock