Search the forum,

Discuss Free standing Bath Drainage Question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys I was just wondering, is it ok to have your bath drain directly above the drainage pipe that leads to the gully trap, and not have to use the corrugated flexible pipe that comes with baths?

I'm not a plumber.
Thanks guys

Sounds like you don't want to put a trap in? no trap, bad smells from waste to start with any blockages overflow over bathroom floor. :eek:

Sounds like you don't want to put a trap in? no trap, bad smells from waste to start with any blockages overflow over bathroom floor. :eek:

There is a trap directly, vertically below the bath, which leads to the gully trap, which is close enough (less than 1000 from bath drain) that the bath didn't even need a trap.

I'm literally just asking if any problem can occur by having the bath drain directly into the house drainage without using this corrugated, flexible piping that came with the bath.
I'm just gonna assume it's a low flow resistance therefore no problem haha

Reply to Free standing Bath Drainage Question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a bath tub in my apartment that is draining very slowly. It does finally drain but only after about 12-15+ minutes. After trying all the old remedies (fluids, powders, zip-it) I am now thinking about manually snaking the drain pipe.... But a Handyman guy who lives at my apartment...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock