Search the forum,

Discuss Franke sink plumbing kit, sewage smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've had a Franke 1.5 sink fitted recently using their siphon 2 plumbing kit as part of a new kitchen installation. However, I now regularly get sewage smells coming into my kitchen.

I was wondering whether the air vent has been installed in the correct position. Should it be installed in the lower position which connects to the main bowl rather than to the .5 bowl.

Could this be causing the smells? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks for any help and picture attached for
reference.
20211122_080722.jpg

With what looks like a big blob of sillycon on the sink waste, pipework across the sockets and tape on compression threads it is typical kitchen fitter fare.
Does the smell come from the vent? - get your nose in there!

Reply to Franke sink plumbing kit, sewage smell in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I had a new kitchen installed and I have noticed since that there is a sewage smell that is very noticeable first in the morning. I m thinking it’s the trap seal, looking like it’s an S trap rather than a P trap that could be causing the water level to drop overnight. Any advice please ?
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, First post here so please be patient. We recently had our ensuite remodelled and were initially really happy with the result. However, there is now sometimes a smell of raw sewage which I have tracked to the back-to-wall toilet (it could have been the shower or the sink). It's not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I know nothing about plumbing 🤦‍♂️ and am trying to sort out a leaking kitchen tap. It's a Franke Davos 'J' Tap. I turned off the water to the sink and took off the screws at the end of the handles (also the spout, although that may not have been necessary). I thought the handles should just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one washer in which the instructions clearly state that it should be placed underneath the sink. My question is, shouldn't there be a washer between the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock