Search the forum,

Discuss Found Washer Next to Sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I was hoping someone could be kind enough to help me with a minor issue. A few months ago, I found a torn washer next to the tap but had no idea where it came from. A few months later, the pop up waste rod has become very stiff to operate but is still functional. I now suspect the washer has come off from the rod but I don't ever remember seeing it on and looking at the ones in shops, I don't see any with a washer. I have no idea where the washer goes so any advice would be appreciated.

http://i.*********/46Nczcx.jpg

Sometimes you get one of those washers on the rod that operates the plug, they don't really do much so don't worry about it breaking off.
As for the stiffness, a similar washer could be trapped in the hole where the rod goes through the back of the tap. If you look underneath the sink, the rod goes into a threaded part underneath the sink, it is where it joins onto the next rod that then attaches to the horizontal rod that goes into the back of the sink waste.
Hold that threaded part, you may need pliers or similar to hold it although it is probably only hand tight - and unscrew the rod above the sink and pull it out. Check for a misplaced washer on that rod or in the hole and remove it. Then re-assemble and it should be like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Found Washer Next to Sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
The unit underneath has no access to the tap and from measuring, the unit does not even go as back as where the tap is. The pipework is a mess. I think the only solution is to remove the sink as I don't think my tapex kit will get to the tap bolts from cutting from the bottom with my multitool...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd hand basin with taps, but I find it's far too heavy to mount on the new counter I made. What I'd like is a plastic basin. I see a few on eeb ay, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock