Search the forum,

Discuss Fortic tank is overflowing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Fortic tank is overflowing,plumber replaced ballcock, no change. Came back and says immersion heater thermostat needs replacing? Water appears to be re-entering cold section via pipe from cold tank to hot cylinder, not through vent pipe. Water is warm in cold section. Any advice welcome

Anything changed on the system?

I'm pretty sure water is coming back up the pipe connecting cold to hot section and overfilling tank. Don't understand why though.
Back pressure happening somewhere could be the cause. Basically cold pushing hot out of the way. Turn main stopcock off and see if overflow stops.

Thanks. No-one seems to say thermostat is the problem which is what plumber said needed replacing. Will try main stopcock.
That’s because a thermostat is an electrical rod that enters the immersion heater assembly, naff all to do with any form of additional water. This isn’t your setup, but the image is simple enough to understand, where it states heater coil is where the thermostat would sit:

1661803406861.jpeg

That’s because a thermostat is an electrical rod that enters the immersion heater assembly, naff all to do with any form of additional water. This isn’t your setup, but the image is simple enough to understand, where it states heater coil is where the thermostat would sit:

View attachment 77343
Thanks. That was my thoughts. I assumed if water was overheating cos of stat then it would come through vent pipe not as is. So for some reason increased volume in tank as you say.

Reply to Fortic tank is overflowing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock