Search the forum,

Discuss Fortic tank is overflowing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Fortic tank is overflowing,plumber replaced ballcock, no change. Came back and says immersion heater thermostat needs replacing? Water appears to be re-entering cold section via pipe from cold tank to hot cylinder, not through vent pipe. Water is warm in cold section. Any advice welcome

Anything changed on the system?

Thanks. No-one seems to say thermostat is the problem which is what plumber said needed replacing. Will try main stopcock.
That’s because a thermostat is an electrical rod that enters the immersion heater assembly, naff all to do with any form of additional water. This isn’t your setup, but the image is simple enough to understand, where it states heater coil is where the thermostat would sit:

1661803406861.jpeg

That’s because a thermostat is an electrical rod that enters the immersion heater assembly, naff all to do with any form of additional water. This isn’t your setup, but the image is simple enough to understand, where it states heater coil is where the thermostat would sit:

View attachment 77343
Thanks. That was my thoughts. I assumed if water was overheating cos of stat then it would come through vent pipe not as is. So for some reason increased volume in tank as you say.

Reply to Fortic tank is overflowing in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi Overflow suddenly spouting out luke warm water to outside of house, checked on down pipe in photo leads exterior overflow, could put finger spout when overflowing and its luke warm water. Why is it overflowing? Lot of water coming out. Photo attached of side of tank to show above. What is...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock